Check out this article from the Star-Telegram on camera shopping:
http://www.star-telegram.com/living/story/750845.html
My suggestions:
1. Think about what you are going to shoot. If you are going to shoot sports, a pocket-size camera is probably not for you.
2. If you have to decide between getting a good camera body or a lens, go with the lens.
3. If you are picking a lens for an SLR, spend the extra money on the image stabilization (that what Cannon calls it). That will allow you to minimize camera shake and give you crisper photos (especially in low light).
4. Learn how to read an MTF chart. This will allow you to understand differences in lenses.
Hope this helps.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is a great source, thank you!
I will definatly keep this in consideration when I need to buy my next camera. Actually I think I'll just make you go with me. :D
Post a Comment